Once upon a time in the fog shrouded city of Seattle, seven unlikely companions were brought together by fate:
- Grahm Wellington: A self-made millionaire playboy, who finds himself wondering if he is just a puppet on a string.
- Rick Middleton: Software engineer and founder of DefSys Technologies. Haunted by spirits of the dead that only he can see.
- Marlow Troy Spaulding: Heir to the Spaulding family fortune. A medical genius with an unfortunate predilection for putting himself under the knife.
- Allen Paige: Mild mannered chemist by day who takes on the persona of the masked vigilante ‘Justice’ by night.
- Samuel Turndale: Investigative reporter and conspiracy theorist who believes that alien worms have invaded. Seeks proof that the creatures have burrowed into people’s brains and taken them over.
- Annabelle: Claims to have been a school teacher…before she immolated her children and stabbed her husband.
- Wayne: A drifter who has finally reached the bottom of the bottle.
Together this motley crew traveled to the island asylum of Dr. Samuel Gothica in the hopes of finding a cure for their mental maladies.
Alas, it was not meant to be, for Gothica Asylum was a lie. The mad Fae Gauthyka had instilled mental illness in each of the companions in order to trick them into traveling to the island. His plan was to dine on the delectable morsels that made up their psyches.
Gauthyka misjudged this group however. They soon discovered what had happened, and with the help of mysterious angelic figure were able to escape the island. Unfortunately, fate did have a happy ending in store for them.
Upon escaping the island the companions realized that they had been gone for far longer than they thought. Worse, Gauthyka had a created a duplicate to take their place. These doubles had moved on with their lives. Each of the companions had been changed physically as well. Others like them, Changelings they called themselves, took them in and educated them on the ways of the Lost.
Now it is up to our motley to decide whether or not their ending will be a happy one…